It is critical that the PeopleSoft entries made by staff in the CLA
Payroll Office are audited once the entry worksheets are returned to
your cluster. Let us know immediately if you find an error so that it
can be corrected it as soon as possible.
Items to Check in PeopleSoft:
- Missing Short Work Break, Suspension or Termination row that would result in over payments if not entered in People Soft
- Check to make sure the pay rate is correct
- Is the percentage of time entered correctly?
- Make sure the appointment dates are correct
- Are the action/reason codes correct?
- Make sure the account string is correct
- Check to make sure the entity # is correct
- Has work study been placed? (if applicable)
issues: If you are submitting a revised worksheet, please write REVISED
in large print at the top of the worksheet. If you have a grad student
(or undergrad student) being paid from two different accounts but the
job code, pay rate and percentage of time are all the same, prepare
only ONE worksheet and list both account strings on the same form along
with the number of hours to pay from each account.
remember to fill in the "WORKSTUDY EFFECTIVE DATE" field on the entry
worksheet if the student you are hiring has been assigned workstudy
funds. It will be much easier for us to notice that a student has
workstudy if this field is completed.
Auditing the PeopleSoft appointments we enter for your departments is a
crucial part of the payroll auditing process. It is the final step in
making sure your employees receive the correct pay on the correct pay