Beginning with the March 2, 2009 pay period, vacation accrual and tracking for eligible faculty and P & A employees will be entered into the PeopleSoft (PS) system.
The vacation balances that Departments recently submitted to Toni Ziegler (email@example.com) will be the beginning balances that will be reflected in PeopleSoft on March 2. The current balance and usage will be reflected on the employees pay check beginning with the March 25 pay date.
Management and Reporting of Vacation Usage
- The process around the managing of vacation usage is at the discretion of the department, including local requirements such as approvals.
- Vacation leave usage is to be reported by the employee when possible in advance of when vacation leave is taken or immediately following use. UM 1704 Faculty/P&A Vacation Leave Reporting form is to be used. Reporting is done in work weeks, days and half days (e.g., 2 weeks; 1 week and 2.5 days; .5 days). Dates of absence are also reported on the form. Below are the URL's to the form.
- The amount of vacation leave used and reported will be entered into PS by the authorized HRMS users on your Financial Service Team on a biweekly basis. This is particularly important if the employee is at their vacation maximum (22 days/176 hours). Please send the forms directly to your Service Team using the same process that you currently use for submitting Absence Cards for AFSCME/CS employees.
- Days entered into PS are automatically converted into hours to align with PS functionality.
- PS reflects accumulation in hours, not days. The conversion equivalents are:
- Full-time: 100% appointment 1 day = 8 hours; .5 days = 4 hours
- Part-time: Example of a vacation eligible appointment at less than 100% time:
- 75% appointment 1 day = 6 hours; .5 days = 3 hours
- Vacation usage is reported to faculty and P& A employee in hours on their pay statement or vacation leave report accessed via the Employee Self-Service website at http://hrss.umn.edu/.
Responsible administrators/supervisors may view vacation accrual and balances for their faculty and P&A employees through UM Reports at: www.umreports.umn.edu