On Sunday, May 17th, the Commencement Committee, along with our deans and faculty, will host over 1500 CLA graduates and their guests as they celebrate the end of their undergraduate careers with the College of Liberal Arts. This semester's commencement speaker is Peter Hutchinson, president of the St. Paul, Minnesota-based Bush Foundation.
I write to ask that you consider joining in the celebration of our students' achievement by volunteering the day of the event. The commencement ceremony is the culmination of our students', our own, and our colleagues' hard work, and it is essential that CLA advisers, counselors, and administrators be well represented at such an important event.
Since we have two ceremonies in the spring, we will be coordinating three groups of volunteers: 1) a group that will be present at both ceremonies 2) a group for ceremony one only and 3) a group for ceremony three only.
The time commitment associated with each of the volunteer groups are as follows:
- Group 1 (Both Ceremonies) 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Group 2 (First Ceremony) 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- Group 3 (Second Ceremony) 1:00 - 5:00 p.m.
If you would like to join in the celebration, it's easier than ever to register! Please click on the link below. From there, you will be prompted to login, choose which volunteer group you would like to register for, and indicate your parking needs. Please note that you will be provided a free lunch when you register for group one!
The deadline to register is April 24, 2009.
LINK TO VOLUNTEER REGISTRATION:
Please note that you will be paid your hourly wage for the time you work at commencement.
Thank you in advance for representing CLA and for supporting our graduates on this very special day. Please let me know if you have any additional questions and I will be happy to help!
Freshman Sophomore Program Coordinator
College of Liberal Arts- Student Services
New UM Reports
Three new reports are available in UMReports, and one report is available from EDMS for Academic Vacation tracking.
UMReports (under "HR Reports")
- Employee Current Jobs and Related Information (found under "Section VIII - Vacation, Sick and Comp Information") -this report now includes information for academics on vacation hours used, balance and liability.
- NOTE: Sick, Comp, and Service Hour information will showup as "N/A" on academics.
- At the top of the page for "Employee Vacation/Sick Usage Summary," there is a link to a summary of the vacation activity by pay period for academics, going back to the pay period 4-12-09.
- Under Payroll Reports: Vacation, Sick and Comp Balances
- Reports can be pulled by the individual or College/Administrative Unit and then further refined underneath.
- When doing a College/Admin Unit sort the report always sorts academic employees in the upper section. When using the resort button on the column headings academics will always stay sorted at the top, academics and staff will never intermingle.
- UMBNU007C ACAD EMPLOYEE WITH A MAXIMUM VACATION BALANCE
- This new report indicates those academics whose vacation balance is 176 hours (the very maximum).
- New versions of this report will generate every pay period.