Dossiers for promotion and tenure cases being considered during the 2009/10 academic year are due in the Office of the Associate Dean for Faculty no later than Friday, 16 October 2009.http://cla.umn.edu/intranet/faculty/PromotionTenureFY10.php
October 11, 2009 - October 17, 2009 Archives
2009 Applications for P/A Professional Leaves to be taken during spring 2010 are due to the CLA Office of Human Resources (email@example.com) no later than Wednesday, 28 October 2009. Applications must be submitted electronically to the CLA HR email account.
Please communicate this information and deadline to eligible P/A employees.
P/A professional development leaves are available to professional and administrative staff members with appointments covering a minimum of nine months at 100%-time (B-term appointments), or twelve months at 75%-time (A-term appointments). Three types of leaves are available depending upon years of service.
Complete information and links to forms can be found at: http://cla.umn.edu/intranet/hr/ProfessionalDevelopmentLeaves.php
FFI: Gayle Gabrielski (612) 625-1805; firstname.lastname@example.org
The 2009 -2011 AFSCME Clerical and Technical Contract books have arrived. CLA HR is working to get them out to the supervisors of represented employees.
The contacts can also be found at:
If you have any questions, please contact your CLA HR representative, or call 624-9839.
Thank you, CLA Human Resources
Dear CLA faculty and staff: You have already received several messages about H1N1 virus, but please bear in mind these summary points:
- You need to read all of the emails you receive from the University about H1N1 and be responsible for the information on the University's H1N1 website: http://www1.umn.edu/prepared/ahc_prepared/flu/ (the link is also on the CLA homepage). While the impact of H1N1 to date has been relatively mild on the TC campus, we are in a situation that could change rapidly and unexpectedly. Staying informed during this unusual flu season is critically important.
- A doctor's note form a student/employee who is absent with H1N1 is not required at this time.
- Remind students that they should email instructors if they are sick. Instructors should keep a copy of the email exchange with students with H1N1.
- Keep a copy of the student email (to facilitate any course/grade issues later).
- Be flexible and fair in helping students make up any work they miss.
- Remember that students also receive University messages about H1N1: http://www1.umn.edu/prepared/ahc_prepared/flu/students_home.html
- Plan ahead for absences. Technology is available at http://claoit.umn.edu/
- Stay home if you are sick.
Together, we can mitigate the effect of H1N1 flu on the health and the operations of our community. Thank you for your support.
Noon - Deadline to invoice the UM Foundation and meet the October 31 TIP deadline. UM Foundation Fax# 625-4305
CLA Payroll cutoff for the 10/12/2009 - 10/25/2009 pay period, 4:30 pm
CLA Financial/Human Resources meeting, Minnesota Population Center Seminar Room (50 Willey Hall - West Bank), 9:00 a.m.
Nomination forms only for both the Morse Alumni Award and the Outstanding Contributions to Graduate and Professional Education Award due in 113 Johnston Hall
CLA Payroll cutoff for the 10/26/2009 - 11/08/2009 pay period, 4:30 pm
Nominations and dossiers for the Tate Award are due in 113 Johnston Hall.