Dear CLA faculty and staff:
You have already received several messages about H1N1 virus, but please bear in mind these summary points:
need to read all of the emails you receive from the University about
H1N1 and be responsible for the information on the University's H1N1
http://www1.umn.edu/prepared/ahc_prepared/flu/(the link is also on the CLA homepage). While the impact of H1N1 to date has been relatively mild on the TC campus, we are in a situation that could change rapidly and unexpectedly. Staying informed during this unusual flu season is critically important.
- A doctor's note form a student/employee who is absent with H1N1 is not required at this time.
- Remind students that they should email instructors if they are sick. Instructors should keep a copy of the email exchange with students with H1N1.
- Keep a copy of the student email (to facilitate any course/grade issues later).
- Be flexible and fair in helping students make up any work they miss.
- Remember that students also receive University messages about H1N1: http://www1.umn.edu/prepared/ahc_prepared/flu/students_home.html
- Plan ahead for absences. Technology is available at http://claoit.umn.edu/
- Stay home if you are sick.
Together, we can mitigate the effect of H1N1 flu on the health and the operations of our community. Thank you for your support.