January 10, 2010 - January 16, 2010 Archives
Submit completed Appraisals of Probationary Faculty (Form 12s) and any attachments in hard copy to the Office of the Associate Dean for Faculty, 212
Annual Review of Faculty Performance
Faculty Activity Reports and Curricula Vitae - 26 February 2010
Faculty activity reports and curricula vitae must be submitted electronically, on the "projects" drive, in the "2009-2010" folder. Faculty activity reports and curricula vitae should be submitted as separate files; pdf only. Please label each pdf file with the faculty member's last name and appropriate descriptor (FAR or CV). Contact Gayle Gabrielski (firstname.lastname@example.org) with questions.
Unit Merit Evaluation of Faculty (narrative report) - 12 March 2010
Submit unit merit evaluation on the projects-drive, in the "2009-2010" folder, labeled "Unit merit evaluation."
Annual Review of Chairs/Directors - 26 March 2010
Chairs/Directors materials include: self-evaluation, unit evaluation of Chair/Director, faculty activity reports, and curricula vitae. Submit all documents electronically, on the "projects" drive as separate pdf files, in the "2009-2010" folder. Please label each pdf file with the Chair's/Director's last name and appropriate descriptor (self eval, unit eval, FAR, CV). Contact Gayle Gabrielski with questions.
Annual review materials for P&A performance are due to the college on February 26, 2010.
In accordance with the Administrative Policy on Performance Reviews for Academic Professional and Administrative Employees, conducting annual reviews of all P&A employees is a requirement.
Required P&A annual materials include:
- Written description of unit's review guidelines/process
- Employee annual performance summary report
- Supervisor written evaluation of employee
- Employee response (if applicable)
Changes effective this year (2009/10)
- All P&A annual review materials must be submitted electronically via the CLA projects drive. Additional submission instructions will be forthcoming.
- Annual reviews must be conducted for all P&A (93xx, 97xx) employees, regardless of percent-time or term of appointment. Excluded are academic appointments that are (1) "Without Salary" appointments and (2) graduate assistants (select 95xx) or professionals-in-training (select 95xx).
Changes effective next year (2010/11)
- Effective academic year 2010/11, the review period corresponding to the annual review of P&A performance will be standardized across the college to cover the previous calendar year (calendar year 2010). The annual review of P&A employees during spring semester 2011 will cover a review period of January 1, 2010 to December 31, 2010 for all units.
P&A Promotion information session:
Friday, January 22, 2010
202 Johnston Hall
- Discussion of policy and required materials
- Discussion of updated process website
- Instructions for electronic dossier submission on p-drive
Information regarding the 2009/10 P&A promotion process in CLA and links to relevant University governing documents and collegiate guidelines are available on the HR web page.
If your department employs graduate Teaching Assistants (TAs) whose first language (native language) was not English, now is the time to check U of M Reports to ensure that your current or future TAs have taken the SPEAK test and have attained the proper English Language Proficiency (ELP) rating to hold a TA position.
Anyone with an ELP rating lower than '1' who is currently a TA or plans to be a TA must enroll in a course with the International Teaching Assistant Program (i.e. GRAD5105, GRAD 5102 or Foundations). More information is available at the Center for Teaching and Learning's International TA Program Web site at: www.umn.edu/ohr/teachlearn/graduate/itap/index.html
U of M English Proficiency Policy
The Center for Teaching and Learning offers SPEAK Test information, test schedule, and registration at their Web site: www.umn.edu/ohr/teachlearn/nonnative/speak/index.html
Individual consultations are also available for all instructional staff and TAs. To schedule an appointment, visit the CTL Web site at www.umn.edu/ohr/teachlearn/nonnative/consultations/index.html
NOON - UM Foundation invoice deadline for disbursement to EFS prior to February TIP.
CLA NOW Meeting, 9:00 a.m. - 10:30 a.m., Minnesota Population Center Seminar Room, (50 Willey Hall - West Bank)
- P&A Promotion Information Session, 10:30 - 11:30 a.m., 202 Johnston Hall
- CLA Payroll cutoff for the 01/18/2010 - 01/31/2010 pay period, 4:30 p.m.
- Appraisals of Probationary Faculty due to CLA Office of Faculty
- Appraisals of Probationary Faculty ue to CLA Office of Faculty
P&A promotion dossiers due to CLA Human Resources.
Unit Merit Evaluation of Faculty (narrative report) due to CLA Office of Faculty.
Annual Review of Chairs/Directors due to CLA Office of Faculty