I-9 Days for Foreign National Employees

I-9 Days for Foreign National Employees

FR:          Laura Negrini, Associate Director, Payroll Services

With the start of the school year fast approaching and need for Foreign Nationals to complete their payroll paperwork , we will again hold four (4) I-9 Days to accommodate the volume of activity.  Appointments will not be scheduled on those dates (except for Tuesday September 7 from 8:30-noon and September 8 from 1-4:00 p.m.)  Foreign Nationals can expect to spend 10-15 minutes completing the necessary paperwork and online I-9 form. 

I-9 days will be held in room 315 Donhowe on the following dates:

·         Tuesday, August 31 - 9:00am-4:00pm

·         Wednesday, September 1 - 9:00am-4:00pm

·         Tuesday, September 7 - 1:00-4:00pm

·         Wednesday, September 8 - 9:00am-Noon

The online I-9 form must be completed within the first three days of employment.  Review the start date of your Foreign National employee(s) and make sure they come on the date that ensures compliance with the 3-day rule.

Who should and should not attend?

·         All new foreign national employees with fall term appointments should come to Donhowe during one of these days (on or after their hire date) to complete the I-9 and other paperwork.    

·         Foreign national non-service fellows (company UNS) should not be sent to Donhowe as they do not need to complete the I-9 form.

What should be done before the foreign national employee comes to Donhowe?

·         Your Foreign National employee(s) must visit the Office of International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS) before starting work and completing the I-9.

·         If they do not have a social security number, they must apply for a social security number at Social Security Administration before coming to Donhowe.

What documents should the foreign national employees bring to Donhowe?

·         Passport, I94 card, visa document (I20, DS2019, etc.),

·         Social Security card or receipt from Social Security Administration.

·         Department location (for the Online I-9) and department contact name and phone number.

If you have any questions, please contact the OHR Call Center at (612) 625-2016.

This page contains a single entry by ludow006 published on August 19, 2010 8:09 AM.

Reminder: FY10 Year End Data now in DMS was the previous entry in this blog.

Mark Your Calendar is the next entry in this blog.

Weekly Archives