As we are now about a month away from Winter Closure, I wanted to
take this opportunity to remind you and ask you to remind your faculty of the
fact that the SPA will be closed (except for genuine emergencies) on December
28-30, 2010, plus the other days that the University has official
The memo about the closure was first distributed on September 30, 2010, and was announced in RNO on October 27, 2010 (http://researchnewsumn.wordpress.com/2010/10/27/research-administration-year-end-closure-information/). It is also part of the University's Winter Closure site (http://www1.umn.edu/twincities/faculty-staff/closure/).
The full memo can be found on the SPA web site, or by going to: http://www.ospa.umn.edu/announcements/SPAClosure.htm
The most important due dates for materials to be submitted to SPA for action prior to the closure are:
December 9, 2010, 5 pm:
- Deadline for fully-signed PRF, Budget, and Statement of Work for Industry-Funded Agreements that the sponsor requires to be completed (fully-executed) by December 31st.
December 20, 2010, noon:
- complete (ready-to-submit) Grants.Gov proposals (with fully-signed PRFs) due to sponsors anytime between December 23-January 4th
- paper or other electronic proposals (with fully-signed PRFs) due to sponsors anytime between December 21 - January 3rd
- re-budgeting requests
- requests to open additional budget accounts
- no cost-time extension requests (either agency-approved or SPA-approved)
- prior approval requests
- material needed to issue sub-wards
- PI-approved sub-award invoices that need to be paid
SPA has purposely set this deadline as late as possible to allow investigators and departments as much time as possible to prepare materials. It is highly unlikely that any extensions to this deadline will be approved.
Pamela Webb, Associate Vice President, Sponsored Projects Administration