There will be a system outage, Saturday, February 26, 2011, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., for networking improvements in the U's Data Center and for routine maintenance and upgrades to servers.
Saturday, February 26, 2011, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Central OIT is making networking improvements in the U's Data Center.
- CLA-OIT staff will also perform routine maintenance and apply upgrades to servers.
- Systems may be available during the maintenance window.
- Systems can and will be shut down without warning and may be unavailable for hours at a time.
- University Google Apps (Gmail, Calendars, Docs, Sites) will not be affected by this outage.
CLA-OIT recommends that you not connect to these systems and servers until after 6 p.m.:
- CLA-hosted websites
- CLA-managed email (dept accounts such as @econ.umn.edu, mailman lists)
- Research servers
- Unix-based file servers (clio and thalia)
- Active Directory servers (Home, Shared folders)
- Terminal servers
- Database servers
- Online tools and applications (Intersections, CLAIR)