Gmail Labs allows you to try out experimental new features in Gmail. Here's a small sampling of what you'll find in Labs.
This Lab provides a preview pane to read mail right next to your list of conversations. For some this will make mail reading faster and add more context.
This Lab allows you to insert images into a message body. You can upload and insert image files in your computer, or insert images by URLs.
Oops, hit "Send" too soon? Stop messages from being sent for a few seconds after hitting the send button.
Proceed with Caution
If you're going to brave the Labs world, it's important to keep the following things in mind about these features:
- They may break at any time.
- Similarly, they may disappear temporarily or permanently.
- They may work so well that they graduate and become regular features.
Want to get started with Labs? You can do this in a few quick clicks.
- Sign in to Gmail and click the gear icon in the upper-right and select Mail settings in the top right of your Gmail page.
- Select the 'Labs' tab and identify the labs you want to enable.
- Click the 'Enable' radio button to turn on a lab and click 'Save Changes' at the bottom of the page.
- Your page may refresh but after the refresh, the lab you just turned on will be available in Gmail.