If you have not already done so, please identify all P&A staff members being considered for promotion during the 2011/12 academic year. Please email the names of those individuals to firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP, so CLA HR may set up your P-drive access.
Information about the 2011/12 P&A promotion process and links to relevant University governing documents and collegiate guidelines can be found on the CLA HR intranet. http://www.cla.umn.edu/intranet/hr/PromotionGuidelines.phpP&A promotion dossier material must be submitted to the college electronically, via the collegiate projects drive established for annual processes. Submission instructions are outlined below:
- P&A promotion material must be submitted electronically by unit administrators, via the CLA projects drive.
- P&A promotion material must be subdivided into sections, as set forth below. Each section will comprise its own pdf file. Individual sections and pdf files will contain multiple documents.
- Each candidate must have a separate folder under the department folder on the projects drive labeled by their LAST NAME, FIRST NAME. Within each candidate's folder on the projects drive, each section of the P&Apromotion material must have its own pdf file (two sections total).
Example:Click on folder named "P&A Promotions"
- Click on "2011/12" sub-folder
- Click on department sub-folder
- Within your department sub-folder, each candidate will have a separate folder.
- Within each candidate's folder should be TWO PDF files (section I, section II).
- Section I (one PDF) will contain:
- Curriculum Vitae/resume
- Candidate Narrative
- Current Position Description
- Position Description for Proposed Promotion
- Annual Reviews
- Internal Evaluators
- Section II (one PDF) will contain:
- Unit Head Recommendation
- Supervisor Recommendation
- Report and Recommendation from Unit's Review Committee (if applicable)