On Monday, June 25, CLA-OIT will switch from using our own customer request tool/ticketing system called RT to using a new University-wide shared cloud service called ServiceNow. We anticipate this change having an impact on everyone we support.
- Different messages
- email you receive will come from "University of Minnesota Service Desk" email@example.com -- notice the .com address instead of umn.edu
- email subject line will start with INC123456
- More messages
- you'll receive an email confirmation upon ticket creation
- you'll receive an email confirmation upon ticket resolution
What's staying the same?
- The people supporting you. CLA-OIT staff will continue to be your first line of support.
- The way you contact us for support. Continue to email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 612-624-4357 (4-HELP).
- Better collaboration and coordination with central OIT and other IT units across campus.
- This change is the first step towards better tools for you. As the rollout of ServiceNow continues you'll have access to self service, a searchable knowledge base, and more.
Tell us what you think!
We welcome any and all feedback on this change. Tell us what you think via our online feedback form or contact your Tech Admin.