July 29, 2012 - August 4, 2012 Archives

Updates for Scholarship Administrators

Please make note of the Office of Student Finance website. It has helpful information and updates for scholarship administrators:

Rose Pederson

CLA Fiscal Administration

An Announcement from the Financial System User Network



The FSUN board is hosting a presentation on Contracts for Professional Services (CPS). This brown bag session will help requisition preparers avoid common pitfalls in both creating and editing CPS's. The session will be held August 7, 2012 at 11:00am - 12:30pm with time after for questions; at the Science Teaching Student Services, Room 131B. Presented by Jennifer Schulz, Procurement Specialist in the Division of Health Policy and Management.


If you would like to attend this session please register by emailing fsun@umn.edu. Space is limited so register today.


Thank you

Financial System User Network

An Announcement from the Office of Student Health Benefits

Dear Department Contacts,

The 2012-2013 Graduate Assistant Health Plan year is almost here and enrollment is underway. Packets have been mailed to all returning Graduate Assistants who need to reenroll for coverage this fall.

A few important reminders:

  • Please direct your newly hired graduate assistants, trainees, and fellows to the enrollment information, including brochures and forms, on our website http://www.shb.umn.edu at your earliest convenience. Paper packets are available. If you would like paper packets please email a request to our office. You do not need to disperse packets to currently enrolled GA's.
  • Please make sure all assistantships are posted in HRMS prior to the first day of employment. Assistantships must be posted in order for employment to be verified by the Office of Student Health Benefits. Enrollment cannot be processed until employment is verified. Posting assistantships in HRMS will ensure your students receive their health plan cards in a timely manner.
  • Fellows and trainees must complete the regular enrollment process PLUS submit a Department Authorization Form. The Office of Student Health Benefits cannot process fellow or trainee enrollment without a completed Department Authorization Form. Departments do not need to complete this form for teaching assistants or research assistants.
Twin Cities http://www.shb.umn.edu/downloads/2012-2013/GAHP/Form_GA_Dept_Auth_TC.pdf
Duluth http://www.shb.umn.edu/downloads/2012-2013/GAHP/Form_GA_Dept_Auth_D.pdf
If you have students who will not be returning to their positions, please notify our office prior to August 31 so that their coverage can be terminated. This will enable our office to notify students of their eligibility to enroll for Continuation of Coverage.

If you have any questions, please contact our office.

Duncan Okello
Office of Student Health Benefits
University of Minnesota
(612) 624-0627

About this Archive

This page is an archive of entries from July 2012 listed from newest to oldest.

July 22, 2012 - July 28, 2012 is the previous archive.

August 5, 2012 - August 11, 2012 is the next archive.

Find recent content on the main index or look in the archives to find all content.

Weekly Archives


Powered by Movable Type 4.31-en