ISSS staff invite department administrators and faculty to an information session regarding the processes of inviting and hosting international scholars in J status and H-1B status. The information sessions will cover the following:
- Who does what? ISSS's role, a department's role, a scholar's role
- What is a J-1/H-1B visa and how does it differ from other visas?
- How does the scholar obtain their proper visa status to start their work with your department?
- The scholar is here, now what?
- Open forum for questions, as time allows
2. H-1B Processing During Government Shutdown
The U.S. Department of Labor's Office of Foreign Labor Certification has suspended operations as part of the federal shutdown. No labor condition applications or prevailing wage requests will be processed during this time. This means that many new H-1B petitions will be delayed until these functions are restored, and the work-start date of new cases as well as extensions may have to be delayed. Cases that have been submitted to USCIS will not be affected.
If you have questions about the impact of the federal shutdown on specific cases, please contact your ISSS H-1B Case Manager.
3. ISSS Open House - save the date!
ISSS has recently remodeled, and we invite you to come check out our new space at 190 Humphrey School on .