« Excited for my house next year! | Main | 3/31/2008 Post-Hockey Depression »

Ready, Set, Go!

I’ve been on the go this semester keeping up with homework, clubs, and friends. Now after midterms and a relaxing Spring Break, I’m ready to finish the last kick of the semester here at the University of Minnesota!

This semester I’m taking a media graphics class where I’m learning how to use Photoshop and build a website. It’s really neat and I’m excited to play around with my camera and layouts over break so that I have some new ideas for the second part of the semester. It’s really kind-of fun to get to experiment and be creative with my designs.

I’m also taking a U.S. Congress class which is pretty interesting. We are learning obviously about Congress and its Institutions, but we are taking a more in-depth look at it. Also, one of the coolest parts of the class is that we each are “playing? a different member of Congress and participating in an entire class simulation. The class is split proportionally into democrats and republicans and we are assigned to behave as our particular member would. I am playing my actual representative which is pretty neat because it gives me a chance not only to learn more about the person who represents me, but it’s interesting to see the roles of parties and committees in Congress.

Well, I need to get back to my studying, but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel!