« Is it really over? Yes! | Main | Moving On Up! »

Business... As Usual???

Miami to Saint Louis, Saint Louis to Columbus, and now I am finally back in the Twin Cites. This summer I had the privilege of interning for Abercrombie and Fitch.

It was a great experience which allowed me to travel, increase my wardrobe and take some of the financial burden off of my parents.

I went to the corporate office where surprisingly enough it was not business as usual. The campus of Abercrombie was different from any other corporate office I had ever seen. Everyone rode around on razor scooters; there were no suits and ties, instead there were flip flops and scarves which were worn by top executives. It was crazy.

We also were allowed to see the new stores that Abercrombie had like Gilly Hicks and RUEHL which had the most amazing leather bags. All of the people who were in power so young. One of the senior recruiters was in his thirties and Mike Jeffries, the CEO of the Abercrombie & Fitch surprisingly resembled Fabio, the Italian guy.

The entire experience made me realize that work does not have to be a mundane experience. It doesn't have to be boring; it can be flip flops and bosses who dress like surfers and co-workers who care about their appearance and health. The lunches were so healthy and the work environment was so comfortable that I realized that it actually made me excited to go to work each day. I enjoyed it.

However, nothing can bring me as much excitement as being a CLA Ambassador... during the school year... Yep, that's my story and I'm sticking to it. LOL