Getting Ready to Study Abroad

As the semester is coming to an end I am trying to finish up papers and get ready for tests before winter break. I am studying abroad over the winter break in Dubai in the United Arab Emirates. I am really excited to finally be studying abroad before I graduate in the spring.

I am going on a Global Seminar through the Learning Abroad Center, which means that I am going with about 25 other students and a professor from the University of Minnesota. My trip will be more focused on Marketing and have more of a business and cultural aspect to it. We met this week for our Pre-Departure Orientation and discussed travel schedules, safety and health tips, and general topics about the trip. It was really nice to meet our professor who is leading the trip and learn about his teaching style before we went, as well as meet some other students who are also going.

Another nice thing was that we received our syllabus and can start on homework and have an idea of the readings that we’ll do once we are there. I think that this will really help when we get there, since we’ll have a better idea of what to expect from pre-departure stuff. Anyway, I am really excited to be studying abroad, and can’t wait to share more about the experience after I’m back!

This page contains a single entry by Anne B. published on November 29, 2008 5:50 PM.

Turkey day into work night was the previous entry in this blog.

Break is the next entry in this blog.