The Final Stretch...

With Thanksgiving in the rear view mirror, it’s time for the final stretch of school. Over Thanksgiving Break I put in a lot of hours managing the two movie theatres I worked for over the summer. It was nice to see everyone from work and make some extra money, but I also find myself thinking about all of the homework and studying I could have been doing this past weekend…

Nevertheless, I will be extremely busy with these last two weeks of class. During these weeks I have three big papers left to turn in, two early exams and all of the stress that comes with studying for finals. So what am I doing this Post-Thanksgiving Sunday night before the two busiest weeks of the semester? Of course I am… watching the Minnesota Vikings play the Chicago Bears on Sunday Night Football! After working ten hour days over the weekend I decided to relax and take one final break tonight and dive into all of my studies tomorrow. Sometimes it is good to just take a step back, take a deep breath and calm yourself before the storm.

Another task I have to complete during this final stretch of the semester is figuring out my schedule for next semester. Registering for classes is performed online where each student can see exactly how many seats are left in every class since it is continuously updated as students add/drop classes. This is a very efficient method since students can stalk closed classes and wait for a seat to open in the convenience of their own dorm/apartment. I actually initially registered for classes in early November, but I am considering several different classes and may switch some in the near future.

Update from the Vikings game: Gus Ferrottee (Viking’s Quarterback) just threw a 99 yard touchdown pass to Bernard Berrian and ties the record for the longest play in NFL history!

Hope you had a great Thanksgiving!

-Mike

This page contains a single entry by Michael Modry published on November 30, 2008 10:11 PM.

Break was the previous entry in this blog.

Nothing Like November is the next entry in this blog.