« First Week of Classes | Main | A Greek Weekend! »

Back to School...

Winter break went by way to fast! I decided to spend my winter break back in my hometown enjoying home cooked meals and visiting with family. I also stayed very busy managing the local movie theater in my town since business picks up during the holidays. It was great seeing everyone again and getting caught up on all of the recently released Blockbuster Hits.

One of the best movies I saw was Gran Torino with Clint Eastwood. Eastwood played a Korean Vet who helps protect a troubled youth from a local Hmong gang. ~Fun Fact: The movie was actually based on the culture of the Hmong in Minneapolis and one of the main actors (Bee Vang) goes to high school in Plymouth, Minnesota.~

I also enjoyed Will Smith’s performance in Seven Pounds where he plays an IRS agent and decides to change the lives of several strangers. This movie did not receive the best reviews since critics feel it plays with the viewer’s emotions, but I was still very impressed with Smith’s performance. I would suggest seeing both Gran Torino, Seven Pounds as well as many of the other notable movies that were released before the new year (Valkyrie, The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, Revolutionary Road, etc...).

However, winter break is now over and it’s back to the reality of the busy college life style. It is now the end of the second week of school and I am still trying to get back into the rhythm of studying and writing papers late into the night. Fortunately my class work has yet to pick up, so I will be able to enjoy watching Super Bowl XLIII this Sunday. I am not really favoring one team over the other so I decided I am going to cheer for Arizona since I feel they are the underdogs. I am also a fan of Larry Fitzgerald who used to be a Vikings ball boy.

Have a great Super Bowl Sunday!