« Missing Mexico Miserably!!! | Main | Spring '09: Let's Get It Started »

Dublin City Centre Onward...

My amazing journey began close to one week ago, January 16th from O'Hare Airport in Chicago, Illinois.

My amazing journey began close to one week ago, January 16th from O'Hare Airport in Chicago, Illinois. My flight to London left Chicago at 7:55 PM. What was suppose to be a peaceful, overnight, 6.5 hour flight turned into not much of that. I slept a little bit on the plane, but I was unfortunately sitting in very close proximity to two small children who had too much hot air.

We arrived very late to London because we circled the airport for about 45 minutes before we landed. Heathrow, because of the bad weather earlier in the day, was delayed about 45 minutes and I was terrified that I was going to miss my flight, but after running around the airport for about 30 minutes, I got to my plane and boarded, only 1.5 hours later than expected. It could have been worse...I could have missed my flight entirely.

So I got into Dublin and my luggage arrived, thank goodness, and I waited for another girl in my program to arrive. We then ventured our way to our hostel....both extremely tired from traveling for almost 24 hours, but we wanted to get over our jet lag, so we hit the City Centre with bags under our eyes, grabbed a sandwich, then headed back. We were both very pleased that we made it until 8:30 PM before we went to bed.

The rest of the week, or rather 4 days went by quickly as ever. We had our program orientation, spent the week with an amazing group of students traveling to Limerick with Arcadia University, and got to know Dublin City Centre pretty well.

This morning, we were bused to Belfast. It was about a 2 hour drive, but three of the four of us girls who came to the North slept the whole way. For the part that I saw, it was a beautiful drive, but it was raining. I suppose I'm going to just have to get used to it. Tomorrow and Friday, I have the University orientation and I can register for classes. I am excited to get my schedule figured out and get settled in for the next four and a half months.

I will update you all soon. Have a great day!!

Kari