Done with finals...

I just finished my last final at 10:00 this morning and I am ready to enjoy a relaxing winter break and catch up on some sleep.

However, there are still many things I need to do before I can sit down, drink some hot chocolate and enjoy some bowl games and college basketball games. Final exams and projects have consumed all of my time this past week and I still have yet to buy any presents for my family...

However, I am not too worried since I live a short train ride away from the Mall of America. This is the largest mall in the United States and where I will definitely be able to find some great gifts at the last minute.

This Mall is located in Bloomington, Minnesota which is a suburb of the Twin Cities. There is a Metro Rail Line that runs straight to the Mall and stops right next to the University of Minnesota Campus (only a short 5 minute walk to get to the train stop). It only takes about 20 to 30 minutes to get to the Mall on the Metro Rail Line and I like the convenience of not having to fight traffic and drive there myself.

From Macy's to Bloomingdale's, there are several big name stores that attract shoppers from all over Minnesota and this country. In addition to stores, the Mall of America also has a gigantic indoor theme park called Nickelodeon Universe. This is the largest indoor theme park in the United States and features roller coasters, log flume rides and much more.

The Mall also hosts an underwater aquarium called Underwater Adventures Aquarium where guests can view sharks, sting rays and tropical fish in the middle of December! I will unfortunately not have enough time to enjoy these other attractions during my visit but hopefully this helps show you how many fun things there are to do when you live in the Twin Cities.

After I finish up my last minute shopping I will be heading back to my hometown to spend time with my family and friends. However, if you have read some of my other blog entries you will probably remember that I manage a movie theatre during the summer and holiday breaks. My school work is over but I will be working a lot until New Years Day. However, it will be nice to make a little extra money over Winter Break and see some free movies with friends.

The University of Minnesota actually has its own movie theatre in Coffman Memorial Union. This theatre plays a wide variety of movies that have been in the theatres for awhile but have yet to come out on DVD. These movies are FREE for any University of Minnesota student and the theatre plays movies on Fridays and Saturdays throughout the entire evening. As you can imagine, I definitely get my fill of movies during my time at this University and my back in my hometown.

Happy Holidays!

Mike

This page contains a single entry by Michael Modry published on December 23, 2009 11:06 AM.

All Abroad! was the previous entry in this blog.

Papers, Presentations, and "The Twitch" is the next entry in this blog.