Recently in Alex H Category

Decisions!

In three weeks, I am going to graduate from the U. I'm anxious, excited and unsure about what I'm going to do with my life. I haven't felt like this in four years- when I was in your shoes.

Wheels on the bus

Oh, the metro transit system. Coming from a town in Wisconsin that only has one bus I never had a true experience with public transportation until I came to the U. It wasn't until my senior year when I ventured out on the town relying solely on a map and my U pass. (Side note: a U pass is a fantastic investment if you plan on taking a bus or the Light Rail. It costs $64 per semester and you get unlimited rides through metro transit).

Busy Year!

So it seems that I have been MIA for a few months- this semester has been so busy! At the beginning of the school year it feels like winter break will never get here but those weeks go by so quickly when you get wrapped up in school, work and extracurriculars.

Moving Out

I'm getting ready to move into my house for the school year- and I just can't wait. As I'm packing up, I'm realizing how much stuff I have; tons of pens, 11 half empty bottles of old lotion, five cases of contact solution and a heaping pile of clothes that I didn't wear once over the summer. I really don't have a use for any of these but they will make the move along with me just in case...

3 Down, 1 to Go!

It's so hard to believe that school is mere weeks away. It seems like a few days ago when I made my first blog entry thinking that the summer had so much potential. In all honesty, I don't think I did half of the things I would have liked- so these few weeks are going to be packed!

College Experience Top 10

Here are my top 10 reccomendations for your college experience from my own.

Living Like a College Student

This morning I was reading a blog from the Minneapolis Star Tribune where the author tried to feed herself for $3 a day, which is basically the budget people on food stamps must adhere to. It's a really funny post, check it out at the strib's website! Anyway, the author's mission seemed all too familiar. This summer I have an unpaid internship = very little disposable income most of which is provided by my parents.

Summer

It's the end of spring semester! Who would have thought that it went so quickly? Studying for fall semester finals is so much easier to do- the weather in December is cold, and icky. Most people hibernate in their rooms, and have nothing better to do. But in the spring, all I want to do is be outside.

What Happened!?

At the start of my freshman year I felt that I was ready to assume the full responsibility of growing-up. Living on my own (in the Res Halls), cooking my own meals (pouring milk on cereal, or getting fancy and making ramen), and making sure that I went to all of my classes (but still calling my mom in case I missed one, just to let her know), it all seemed like the pinnacle of being an adult. But looking back, I wish I still had the security and simplicity of that year again.

This page is an archive of recent entries in the Alex H category.

Alex W is the next category.