Recently in Kari K Category

One year later...

Lately, I've been very nostalgic about a lot of things, especially about experiences that happened in 2009. I truly believe that some of the issues I encountered, experiences I had and people I met have help me mold my being into what it is presently.

Revising for Examinations

There are 18 days left in this beautiful country of Northern Ireland for me. That is 432 hours or 25,920 minutes or 1,555,200 seconds. How am I going to spend this precious time, you ask?! REVISION!

Looking forward...

Every time I look at my calendar, I have to blink. It says that I only have 6 more weeks in Northern Ireland, but I could have sworn it was more. I have been here since January 17th which is hard to believe, but it is the truth. I have yet to come to terms with leaving this country, but alas, I must starting figuring out what I'm going to be doing this summer and how I am going to make back all the money I have been spending over here.

It's Easy to Get Involved...Even in a Foreign Country!

It may seem strange to you that I'm putting all my time and energy into being actively involved on this campus even though I'll only be here for another two and a half months. Why am I doing this you ask?

Studying Abroad--Who said you have to do school work?!

As I approach the middle of my fifth week here at the University of Ulster-Jordanstown, I would like it's a crime to do school work. Let me explain. The Irish culture is MUCH slower paced than the rest of the world. They do everything here with a little bit of a drag, except for driving. Most students that I have talked to here have yet to even open a book for any of their classes. Now, I understand that may be the case for some students at the U of M, but not me. I feel like I am already falling behind, yet Irish students keep telling me not to worry.

First Week of Classes

I know this is a long overdue update, and for that I apologize. I have been pretty busy with the first week of classes, meeting new people and trying to keep up with the 'Irish culture and lifestyle'.

Dublin City Centre Onward...

My amazing journey began close to one week ago, January 16th from O'Hare Airport in Chicago, Illinois.

Turkey day into work night

My Thanksgiving break started on Tuesday at 5:30 PM. I rushed out of our Ambassador’s meeting, not because I don’t absolutely love each and every one of my colleagues, but because I was extremely excited to go home.

Playing 'Catch Up'

Sometimes we all need a little push in order for us to make it through a day, a week, maybe a month, but no matter the time frame, we all need a support system to help us through those tough weeks. This week for me was one of ‘those tough weeks.’

Busy Much?

As the forth week of classes approaches, I can't help to think how much I have on my plate this semester. I knew it would be busy, but I never thought I'd be running around as much as I am.

This page is an archive of recent entries in the Kari K category.

Jasmine is the previous category.

Krystal B is the next category.