Recently in Maddy M Category

I have a dream... and a post-graduation plan!

This is the point in college I've been dreading: being done and leaving. I've invested the last four years into being a student and I sometimes forget that I need to eventually move on and take off the "student hat." I have a lot to look forward to so I'm going to take a moment to brag.

I'm graduating with a degree in Journalism and Mass Communication. I've had a wide array of experiences and internships all leading me up to what to do after graduation and I can say that I have a plan! I'm moving to Los Angeles, CA this summer to intern at The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson. I have always said that my dream job would be to host a talk show and one day I decided that there would be no better experience than to work on one so I started applying. After interviews with 3 different shows on both coasts, I landed The Late Late Show internship and I couldn't be more excited.

I can also say confidently that I owe all of my successes that led up to this to having a liberal arts degree - every job and internship experience I landed was because of Goldpass, emails and announcements from my student community and employers looking for well-rounded students like those of liberal arts backgrounds.
Although I hate to say goodbye to the university as well as the CLA, I have so much to look forward to and don't even know how to thank everyone that helped me get here.

Memory Lane

I'm sitting in Coffman Memorial Union doing some people watching while reading and blogging - multitasking at its finest - and it is making me feel sappy and nostalgic.

It's the most wonderful time of the year...

The spring is such an exciting time around campus. Every year, I forget how much I love the weather, the events (like Wednesday night Twins games and Spring Jam), and the people. The first few nice days once the ground thaws seem to bring EVERYONE out to grill, rollerblade, run, nap and study under the sun – to be honest, I feel bad for people who go to school in Arizona or Florida.

There's a first time for... lots of things...

It seems I'm always writing about how quickly the time is passing or something of that nature. This time, I'm taking some time to reflect on these first few weeks of Spring Semester 2009.

This semester is filled with first-times for me...

Post-midterms, Pre-finals...

In the afterglow – or aftermath, depending on how you look at it--of a weekend of fun with Halloween and Homecoming, campus is once again buzzing with the news of the election. Election Day was a perfect mix of sunshine and excitement as students meandered campus in their respective party’s paraphernalia.

Time flies when you're having fun...

Where did the last 4 weeks go? But more mind-boggling, where did the last two years go? I’m already a Junior! When people told me that college would be the best and fastest years of my life, they weren’t kidding … about either.

Summer in the City

Since I’ve last blogged, I’ve been to Italy and back! I got home 2 weeks ago from a May Term study abroad session in Florence, Italy. I’m still adjusting back to life here, but it was an amazing experience.

Spring Fever

This time of year always reminds me of track season; when the grass is wet from late-night showers, the sun shines intermittently through the rain clouds and of course, my legs were too sore to climb the stairs. On top of the stress of practice, homework and weekly meets, I was figuring out where I was going to spend the next 4 years of my life.

5k and groceries

In my last post I had said that on Saturday I was running the 5k for Autism Research and hadn’t trained AT ALL. It turned out to be a nice day, a little breezy but it was enjoyable. What was more exciting was that I: a) completed the run; b) did so in 31 minutes; and c) ran the entire thing – no walking!

Reality Check

So spring break is officially over and I’ve just been thrown back into the mayhem of school. It is a huge reality check to everything I didn’t do over break that I should have. Instead, my roommates and I went to Laughlin, Nevada which is just south of Las Vegas to stay with my aunt and uncle.

This page is an archive of recent entries in the Maddy M category.

Latest post is the previous category.

Maggie D is the next category.