It's the most wonderful time of the year...

The spring is such an exciting time around campus. Every year, I forget how much I love the weather, the events (like Wednesday night Twins games and Spring Jam), and the people. The first few nice days once the ground thaws seem to bring EVERYONE out to grill, rollerblade, run, nap and study under the sun – to be honest, I feel bad for people who go to school in Arizona or Florida.

Continue reading "It's the most wonderful time of the year..." »

There's a first time for... lots of things...

It seems I'm always writing about how quickly the time is passing or something of that nature. This time, I'm taking some time to reflect on these first few weeks of Spring Semester 2009.

This semester is filled with first-times for me...

Continue reading "There's a first time for... lots of things..." »

Post-midterms, Pre-finals...

In the afterglow – or aftermath, depending on how you look at it--of a weekend of fun with Halloween and Homecoming, campus is once again buzzing with the news of the election. Election Day was a perfect mix of sunshine and excitement as students meandered campus in their respective party’s paraphernalia.

Continue reading "Post-midterms, Pre-finals..." »

Time flies when you're having fun...

Where did the last 4 weeks go? But more mind-boggling, where did the last two years go? I’m already a Junior! When people told me that college would be the best and fastest years of my life, they weren’t kidding … about either.

Continue reading "Time flies when you're having fun..." »

Summer in the City

Since I’ve last blogged, I’ve been to Italy and back! I got home 2 weeks ago from a May Term study abroad session in Florence, Italy. I’m still adjusting back to life here, but it was an amazing experience.

Continue reading "Summer in the City" »

Spring Fever

This time of year always reminds me of track season; when the grass is wet from late-night showers, the sun shines intermittently through the rain clouds and of course, my legs were too sore to climb the stairs. On top of the stress of practice, homework and weekly meets, I was figuring out where I was going to spend the next 4 years of my life.

Continue reading "Spring Fever" »

5k and groceries

In my last post I had said that on Saturday I was running the 5k for Autism Research and hadn’t trained AT ALL. It turned out to be a nice day, a little breezy but it was enjoyable. What was more exciting was that I: a) completed the run; b) did so in 31 minutes; and c) ran the entire thing – no walking!

Continue reading "5k and groceries" »

Reality Check

So spring break is officially over and I’ve just been thrown back into the mayhem of school. It is a huge reality check to everything I didn’t do over break that I should have. Instead, my roommates and I went to Laughlin, Nevada which is just south of Las Vegas to stay with my aunt and uncle.

Continue reading "Reality Check" »