- Fund Type: Grant. Residential: No. Eligibility: Unrestricted/Multiple Eligibility; See full program announcement.
- Award: Varies according to whether award is RO1 (research project; up to $250K/year), R21 (exploratory; $275,000), or RO3 (small research; $100K) grants.
- Deadline: 2/5/2009 Second Deadline: 10/16/2009
- Details: Funding Opportunity Announcements (FOA) solicit collaborative research proposals on drug abuse and addiction that take advantage of special opportunities that exist outside the United States. Special opportunities include access to unusual talent, resources, populations, or environmental conditions in other countries that will speed scientific discovery. Projects must have relevance to the mission of NIDA and, where feasible, should address NIDA's scientific priority areas.
- Keywords: Research, drug abuse, prevention, treatment, addiction
NB: RO1 Deadlines: Feb 05, 2009, Jun 05, 2009, Oct 05, 2009 R 21 and RO3 Deadlines: Feb 16, 2009, Jun 16, 2009, Oct 16, 2009 RO1 website: http://grants.nih.gov/grants/guide/pa-files/PA-09-020.html R21 website: http://grants.nih.gov/grants/guide/pa-files/PA-09-021.html RO3 website: http://grants.nih.gov/grants/guide/pa-files/PA-09-022.html