- Fund Type: Fellowship. Residential: Yes. Eligibility: Unrestricted/Multiple Eligibility; See details.
- Award: $1,500-$4,000 stipend
- Deadline: 5/1/2009 Second Deadline: 12/1/2009
- Details: The Gilder Lehrman Institute of American History promotes the study and love of American history. The sponsor invites applications for short-term fellowships in several categories: Research Fellowships for post-doctoral scholars at every faculty rank, Dissertation Fellowships for doctoral candidates who have completed exams and begun dissertation reading and writing, and Research Fellowships for journalists and independent scholars.
- Keywords: Social sciences, American history, Revolutionary, Antebellum, Civil War, Reconstruction
NB: Fellowships range in duration from a week to two months.