- Fund Type: Grant. Residential: No. Eligibility: See Full Program Announcement
- Award: $275,000-$1.5 million depending on award mechanism
- Deadline: 2/27/2009 Second Deadline: 5/28/2010
- Details: The sponsor provides support for the development of new efficacious interventions for communication disorders. This FOA seeks milestone-driven innovative applications exploring new or refined approaches designed to develop better diagnostic tools, intervention
strategies and treatments. The goal is to develop new or enhanced diagnostic, intervention and treatment paradigms with potential for widespread, cost-effective application in the NIDCD mission areas of
hearing, balance, smell, taste, voice, speech and language. This FOA will use the NIH Exploratory/Developmental Phased Innovation Grant award mechanism (R21/R33).
- Keywords: Communication disorders, disability, diagnosis, intervention, treatment, hearing, balance, smell, taste, voice, speech, language
NB: Deadline Notes: The deadlines for receipt of optional letters of intent are: January
27, 2009, September 27, 2009, and May 28, 2010. The deadlines for receipt of full applications are: February 27, 2009, October 27, 2009, June 28, 2010.