Unconventional Sleep Diet

Recently in Reader's Digest, I came across this article about some of the most recent (and craziest) diet fads in the states. Many people are trying to get skinny fast, but some of these ideas were ridiculous and just plain dangerous. They ranged anywhere from the 'baby food diet' where one only eats jars of baby food for breakfast, lunch and dinner, to the 'cotton ball diet' in which you consume cotton balls 30 minutes prior to eating, so you eat less because your stomach is already pretty full. It's not even necessary to get into the details of how easily falsifiable these anecdotal diets are- if babies weigh very little, then I'll lose weight? If I fill my stomach with inconsumable cotton balls, therefore I'll be full and eat less? Some research and scientific thinking is required before trying these out. From the diets listed, there was one that I believe had some truth to it. It was called the 'sleep diet' in which you slept right before every meal, so your hunger subsided, because the hypothalamus would not be able to alert your conscious body of hunger. When you woke up, you'd eat less. From there, every time you felt hungry you'd try to sleep and somehow take a nap. sleep.jpg
Every single diet trend in the article was a joke, but I did see an ounce of truth to this one. I do not condone 'sleeping away' your hunger and therefore starving yourself, depriving your body of nutrition, putting your sleep schedule in disarray and missing life. However, aside from their claim that sleeping reduces hunger, (and also the fact that if you don't eat, you will obviously lose weight rapidly and in an unhealthy manner) I came to the conclusion that you might lose weight because sleep also happens to burn a large amount of calories. losing-weight.jpg
An average woman about 5'5" and 130 lbs, who sleeps 8 hours a night, burns about 425 calories, according to the calorie counter on the webMD site: http://www.webmd.com/diet/healthtool-fitness-calorie-counter. Based on this, I'd say that the 'sleep diet' has definitely been falsified. An extra two hours of sleep within the day for this average person amounts in an additional 120 calories burned. If they are sleeping an average of eight hours a night, that's 545 calories burned. This diet is neither safe nor healthy, but part of your weight loss aside from under eating and forcing away your hunger, is the additional calorie loss. I hope these diets all remain a joke as the article portrays them, but if not, perhaps the participants will do their research first.

Sleeping is good diet at all but see how Celebrities are managing there Unconventional Sleep Diet here Celebrity diets

The best practice is always at the same time, in order to create habit and give the body time to recover. Logically, at least the first three months is not advisable to practice every day, but three times a week, and later gradually increase the frequency.
The most suitable times of day two: either in the morning, which is achieved a good energy boost for everyday, or at the end of the day, which helps to relax and enjoy a quiet and restful sleep. It is not advisable to eat before exercise, or at least spend an hour left and a half since the last meal.
If you want to know more about diet and best fat burners

One of the more interesting ideas that has been smoldering and is now gaining momentum is the appreciation of the fact that sleep and sleep disruption do remarkable things to the body -- including possibly influencing our weight," says David Rapoport, MD, associate professor and director of the Sleep Medicine Program at the New York University School of Medicine in New York City.

While doctors have long known that many hormones are affected by sleep, Rapoport says it wasn't until recently that appetite entered the picture. What brought it into focus, he says, was research on the hormones leptin and ghrelin. First, doctors say that both can influence our appetite. And studies show that production of both may be influenced by how much or how little we sleep.

In fact, have you ever experienced a sleepless night followed by a day when no matter what you ate you never felt full or satisfied? If so, then you have experienced the workings of leptin and ghrelin. Really obsessive to belly fat, find the cure this 7 day belly blast diet way