The concept in psychology that you think you will remember five years from now and why

The social psychology unit I found the most interesting because it is the study of why people act in the ways they do and how people are fundamentally more similar than different. There have been many ideas and concepts in this class that studied the differences in people, is what makes social psychology unique. In this chapter I found it very interesting the concept of groupthink, which as described in "Psychology From Inquiry to Understanding" is the emphasis on group unanimity at the expense of critical thinking. This is a concept I will remember five years from now because I thought it was so hard to believe that individuals would forget to objectively evaluate issues and simply go with the crowd. Through further reading it appeared as if all of us at some time or another behaved in this manner. Few examples are the certainly of success for the in-group even against the realistic odds and the stereotyping of the out-group. I feel it is important to always remember that we can fall pray to this and a good way to avoid this would be to have someone play devil's advocate in debates.