Mind Over Matter? Reality vs. Perception

Chapter 4 in our text discusses sensation (including the anatomy and physiology of the sensory organs) and perception. The chapter begins by explaining the difference in sensation--detecting physical energy with our sensory organs--and perception--the brain's interpretation of these "raw sensory inputs". This distinction is important because our senses are being assailed with sights, smells, and noises all day, every day, but it is how our brains process these things that is vital; truly, perception is everything.

One interesting application of "sensation vs. perception" is the use of psychic healing on chronic pain. Many people think of this as "mind over matter" and believe that the mental state and positivity is a large part of healing. When I broke my foot (a particularly notorious fracture, known for slow healing) people continually lectured me that I had to believe the bone would heal and keep a positive attitude. It sounds corny, but every night I would picture healing energy going into my foot and the bone repairing itself. Sure enough, the bone healed without complication. Or so we thought. I found out a year and a half later that the bone was still broken and had never healed in the first place. But I had felt the bone healing and getting stronger, hadn't I?

In short, the answer would seem to be no. A double-blind study performed at the University of Bond (as discussed in the text) found no correlation between psychic healing and decreased pain. However, they did find a correlation between decreases in reported pain and belief in paranormal phenomena. This would lend itself to an explanation including the "placebo effect". If people believed in the treatment they were receiving, they had less pain.

heling art form is the site wher you can find all the healing products and can buy it easily One interesting application of "sensation vs. perception" is the use of psychic healing on chronic pain. Many people think of this as "mind over matter" and believe that the mental state and positivity is a large part of healing. When I broke my foot (a particularly notorious fracture, known for slow healing) if you want to visit us juct click psychic healinghere

Mind over matter does indeed exist and it is very common in the realm of psychic readings how it all works. The organs of perception are the five senses, thought psychics say there is a sixth sense and this is what gives clairvoyants unusual psychic insight visit psychic helpers for more updates and clear information.