The disorders of sleep

Bizkit the Sleep Walking Dog.flv

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2BgjH_CtIA

Here is an interesting video here that shows the dog having the disorder of sleep particularly sleepwalking. I personally think this video is very interesting since it surprises us by showing that even animals undergo the disorder of sleep just like the humans do.

The disorders of sleep take various forms which are insomnia which is the most common, narcolepsy, sleep apnea, night terror, and sleep walking. When I thought of sleep, I considered it as resting. However, I found out that there are people who struggle falling asleep and staying asleep due to the disorders of sleep, and it was surprising to see how common they are. The textbook addresses that "30 to 50 percent of people" are involved in sleep problems. These problems are usually harmless but are indeed very distressful.
Have you ever deprived of few nights of sleep from load of work? I am sure many of you guys have experienced such stressful situation. However do you know that the few nights of sleep deprivation can lead to many negative consequences such as decrease in ability of daily functioning, depression, having trouble paying attention, and weight gain? I actually never thought that the absence of sleep can bring serious problems to both physical and mental states. Therefore, I think it is important for all of us to keep in mind that getting enough sleep is very essential for maintaining the health and daily routine.

Wow! The dog in the video was so fascinating to watch! I never knew that animals also suffered from sleep disorders. I thought they applied only to humans. Yes, I definitely have been deprived of few nights of sleep from load of work and experienced the immense amount of stress. After that, experience I decided sleep for fair amount of time to maintain healthy and daily routine, especially during exam period. Great job on the interesting post!!

I also found it quite interesting that humans are not the only ones that suffer form sleep disorders, and sleep problems. I also believe that getting adequate sleep is one of the most important things to remain healthy. Many people, especially college students, take sleep for granted. It is a very important aspect to live a healthy life because lack of sleep can lead to so many problems. That is what college students neglect to consider when deciding to "pull all nighters" and become very sleep deprived. The problems are going to occur in the long run, it is the long run consequences of lack of sleep that cause the severe problems. Sleep is a very important aspect of life and should not be taken lightly.