East vs. West

The certain way someone conducts managerial decisions are usually results of the cultural norms of the country in which the business is operating. Western managers, such as managers here in America, are said to rush their decisions, while Eastern managers, such as those in Japan, take much more time and think through their decisions. These decisions can have lasting impacts on the issue or issues at hand in the workplace. Is it bad that Western managers rush their decisions or is it worse to take more time to make a decision, such as Eastern managers do?
Either style is tough to choose. American managers are much more individualistic than Japanese managers, and therefore do not consult with others on decision making as much. These managers often are more optimistic about their own ability and revert to their individual freedom to make decisions. Managers in the East are much more group-oriented, and therefore consult with others more often before making a decision.
When making decisions myself, I prefer to trust my own decision rather than talking it over with a group. This can often hurt me in the end because consulting issues with a group will help to understand more views points of certain issues that I may not see. Therefore, I believe that the Eastern management style serves the best for making tough decisions not only in business, but in life.

These two trains of thought create a great argument about which is better. I disagree and believe that the western style of decision making is better in most situations. If a person waits around for 99 percent certainty to make a decision they will wait far too long and end up being paralyzed by analysis. Making fast decisions based on 70 percent certainty is better because if it is the right decision than you have suceeded and can move on to the next. If it is the wrong decision than you have time to adjust what has gone wrong and fix the issue immediately without any long run problems to arrive. Time is always of the essence and should not be wasted on absolute certainty when making a decision.