Why Cry When Time Flies?

My knowledge in psychology, either through basic facts or deeper knowledge in areas that I've learned this year, has been critical to my survival not only as a college student, but also as a young adult growing up. College life has been fun, but it has also been stressful. Every week, us students are occupied with homework, midterms, papers, projects, and jobs outside of school that create massive amounts of stress. Through knowledge that I've learned and had in psychology, a positive attitude to these everyday stressors will lead to a happier and healthier person in the long run of life.
Not only have I applied this to work inside and outside of school, but also I have applied a sense of optimism into every crisis that has happened to me. From deaths to failures, believing that everything happens for a reason and that one can seek good from anything has lead me to a healthier lifestyle. Rebounding from crisis's doesn't make me want to lock myself in isolation forever; Rebounding has made me want to be active with my body and search for new opportunities to succeed in life. I truly believe my knowledge of coping and having a positive attitude towards everything in life has guided me to live a healthier, more productive life. Not only will I hold a positive attitude toward events in life five years from now, I will hold that positive attitude forever because it has shown nothing but positive results (good grades, healthy work out habits, little stress, etc.). Thank you psychology!

optimism 2.jpg

www.google.com/images

It's easier to be a pessimist; then you are always either right or are pleasantly surprised.

I agree, being a pessimist makes life easier because you are never disappointed.

I am envious of your optimism, but my life has taken the same route as the people above in being a pessimist. I love the feeling of being surprised when things turn out okay because I go into so many experiences with low expectations. In a weird way these low expectations have made my life truly great! But I think your optimistic outlook is much healthier in the eyes of psychology.

This is the same topic I did my blog post on because I think it is an important concept. I like how you are having a positive attitude towards your stress. I use to be the same way. I thought about everything in a positive way and I never really had any real problems. However, for some reason I haven't been able to think about everything positively lately. I have been too worried about school and my relationships. Any advice for me? Good post though!