Shaping our Emotions and Motivations to achieve Happiness is Key.

I felt this course outlined a wide array of interesting topics and taught me about the essential make-up of our personalities and intelligence as a human race. What I found to be most interesting and impacting is the discussion on emotions and motivation. These two principals are the driving force for how we feel and how we act on those feelings to express who we are to the world. Our emotions allow us to communicate with others our intentions and desires and can even motivate us to accomplish everyday tasks. Without this expression of emotion, there is nothing unique about our human race. It gives life meaning because it gives life importance and allows us to give it luster.

Our emotions can be considered very fragile because they can be influenced by everyone and anyone. Moreover, these emotions help us interpret various stimuli in our life that can lead to either fear or happiness. These interpretations direct our exact thoughts on a particular object and can motivate us for better or worse. Furthermore, the mere exposure effect, seen through constant familiarity, or even the facial feedback hypothesis are interesting theories on how our emotions correspond to outside and internal stimuli. This chapter helped me to realize further that my actions and experiences are important to shaping who I am. Even more so, I have the ability to shape my emotions and control how I feel through my many life endeavors. Happiness is always the key and always will be. I am very happy this class helped further my understanding on how to understand and shape my emotions to achieve this life-long happiness

Below is a song that makes me happy if I am ever sad.

Sources: Textbook

I really liked how you said "Without this expression of emotion, there is nothing unique about our human race. It gives life meaning because it gives life importance and allows us to give it luster," because it is so true. Without emotions other than fear, anger, and contentment, we are nothing more than every other animal on the planet. We must understand that that is our single biggest difference from every other species. Even your use of words effectively demonstrates our range of emotions.

I think the idea that our emotions are shaped and created so very complex is fascinating; so is the large amount of factors that can cause emotional reactions. I think that the facial feedback analysis was an interesting thing to learn about also, however it did leave me with some doubts. When we had to participate in it for class with the pencil and cartoons, I don't think I was very affected by it. The study presented in our textbook supported the facial feedback hypothesis; but it also pointed out the possibility that the emotional reactions may be due to something else other than the facial feedback hypothesis, such as classical conditioning.