CLA: the big picture
June 2010 Archives
Commitment to students and the liberal arts inspire a CLA-2015 planning project.
By Dean James A. Parente, Jr.
CLA's most famous English major returns to campus to talk with undergrads, who inspire "the old alumnus" to "work harder and make my time count for something."
By Garrison Keillor
- DUSTIN CHACÓN: Linguistics, Beinecke scholar, Bangladesh
- AARON MARKS: Music education, leadership, drum major
- ANGELA MERRITT: Child psychology, Max Planck Institute, Germany
- THUY NGUYEN-TRAN: Physiology, DNA research
- JASMINE OMOROGBE: Communication studies, Hip hop, Shakespeare, singer
- DAVE RAILE: Spanish studies, med-school bound, Ecuador
Postscript: by Garrison Keillor
"I talked to these six students..." More
How can communities support local art and artists? Alumnus Jeff Hnilicka leads the way, taking a page from the sustainable food movement.
By Danny LaChance