Recently in 2_CopyWRONG Category

CopyWRONG Final Work

Here is an 11x17 pdf of the final work I created for the CopyWRONG project. I have included the original museum image, four of my remixes, and my favorite remix with a description of my design process.

museumremix4.jpg

Here is a link to my 11x17 pdf

CopyWRONG.pdf

Museum Remix

These are my museum remixes of David Erickson's oil painting, "Morning of Life". I tried a variety of ways to manipulate them in order to determine what is violating copy right laws and what isn't. I realized that most of my images would not be questioned as violating copy right laws because the subject has been removed or the texture has been changed. Where the subject is still obvious, is where this violation occurs, like in my second remix where I changed the color image to black and white.

museum6.jpg

Here is a link to all of my remixes:
museumremix.pdf

Image from Tweed Collection

For the next assignment I am choosing to work with...

Image name: Morning of Life
Artist name: David Axel Ericson

Info: "The grand theme of life's journey as seen through the eyes of innocent youth is the subject of this painting, which features the artist's son (David Barnard Ericson, Jr.) at three years old, dramatically poised between the Lake Superior shore and a vast expanse of open water."

Why I like this image: I like this image because it is very beautiful and I love the curiosity in the child's face. I think the soft painting technique captures the emotion of the scene well. The color combination, light shades of blue and grey show to me that the curiosity in the child's face isn't scared but calming.

04.jpg

This page is an archive of recent entries in the 2_CopyWRONG category.

1_Winter Remix is the previous category.

3_Collaborative is the next category.