Recently in Focus Critique 1 Category

Critique 1

For the first critique I wanted to show the different experimenting I have been doing with textures and techniques. I have taken my sketched storyboard and began making them into digital files using Illustrator. I will keep each of the scenes as one layer, except for any of the pieces that I plan on animating, those will have their own layer so that they can be animated later on in After Effects. I attached scene 1 (the little girls room) as it looks digitally and I have started to fill some of the pieces with textures. I couldn't remember how to fill a shape in with a pattern that I had made so I looked online and found out it is very easy. I scan in the texture that I want to use, place it into an illustrator file and drag the image to the swatches, where it automatically makes my image a new swatch. Then I click on the part of the scene that I want to have that texture and then click on that same swatch, this fills the shape in for me. This is going to make it much easier for me to achieve the style I want. My plan this weekend is to gather all of the textures I want to use for this project and decide on an overall color scheme for the animation as well as specifically what color the character will be in order to have her stand out amongst the backgrounds. I was thinking I would maybe do textured objects and characters, but leave the backgrounds solid colors similar to Liam Smith's style that I showed as inspiration last week. I also want to get two more scenes digitally made this weekend and decide on the music for the animation. My goal is to be animating by week 3 of this project.

How to create patterns in Illustrator

Experimenting with digital files and filling in textures:

bedroom2.jpg

bedroom.jpg

Liam Smith inspiration for colors and textures:

172981_10708504_l.jpg

185628_4682132_l.jpg

This page is an archive of recent entries in the Focus Critique 1 category.

Digital Focus is the previous category.

Focus Critique 2 is the next category.