What Really Matters?

Media Mill Video

Inspirations

The intention of my piece was to illustrate what I was thinking while I was walking to my polling location on Election Day in 2008. This piece of art was truly inspired by Barack Obama. He is a once in a generation leader who effectively campaigned to unify our country. He has been so inspirational because he is a very eloquent, well educated leaer who has been a champion of civil rights. I feel he represents the ideals that our country needs right now. I am so glad that he was elected president.

“At a defining moment like this we don’t have the luxury to rely on the same political games, the same political tactics that we have become so accustomed to. With the challenges and crises we face, we cannot afford to divide the country. There are no real parts of the country and fake parts of the country. There are no pro-America parts of the country and anti-American parts of the country. We all love this country no matter where we live or where we come from. Young and old, rich, poor, democrat and republican, black, white Hispanic, Asian, Native American, gay straight, disabled and not disabled, we are and always will be the United States of America? Barack Obama Richmond, Virginia October 22, 2008