How I Define Time and Interactivity

-Time: According to Merriam Webster’s definition of time, time is “a nonspatial continuum that is measured in terms of events which succeed one another from past through present to future.?

-Interactivity: According to Merriam Webster’s definition of interactivity, interactivity is “the quality of being interactive where interactive means acting with each other.?

Those are both good definitions, but in this class, Time and Interactivity take on different meanings unique to each individual. For me, I define Time as movement. Without the other, neither can exist. If time stops so does movement. In this sense, the projects we make in class will have some sort of movement thereby creating an essence of time. As for Interactivity, I define it as human to computer program communication. Without human involvement there would be no interactivity. Also interactivity involves creating images and videos through computers as the human’s medium. Combining these two terms for this class would then mean creating videos and images to imitate lifelike movement.

I may not be as abstract as I ought to be but I grew up with the mindset of a mathematician. Either way, the definition of Time and Interactivity varies from individual to individual.