"Dig Through" by David Donovan

Even though every piece in the gallery was amazing I’d have to say that David Donovan’s piece, “Dig Through,? was the best. I do take pleasure in art that you can look at but art that you can immerse yourself in is something that I truly enjoy. “Dig Through? was one such piece.

At first glance, I thought that it was pile of junk cardboard boxes that the ones responsible for making the gallery had left behind. I thought to myself, “Wow, they should really clean that up.? It, however, turned out to be a piece of artwork in which the boxes were arranged methodically in a maze-like structure. At the end of this “maze? was a projection of guy’s shadow digging through sand as if looking for something.

I instantly identified with David’s piece because it had reminded me of my basement where all the storage boxes had been kept. Sometimes I’d spend a couple of hours digging through the boxes to find something that I had lost and after awhile I’d give up. A piece that brings back memories—although not fond—is beyond doubt, incredible.