« Vang Moua | Main | Scott Scoby »

Lydia Schlicht

lydia1.jpg

Most often, my ideas, conversations and artistic creations are inspired by psychological, spiritual, emotional and cultural ideas.

Throughout my life, I have been given many opportunities to explore. However, individuals who have sacrificed in order to further my knowledge, wisdom and discovery have shaped me far more than the experiences I have had the privilege of knowing. Through that unique freedom and encouragement, growth in various topics tends to speak out through my art. Most often, my ideas, conversations and artistic creations are inspired by psychological, spiritual, emotional and cultural ideas.

Due to my interest in these areas, the SAD exhibit effected me from many angles, speaking for understanding and awareness to the relationship between humans, perception and seasons. The exhibit continues to fascinate me in both narrow and broad thoughts it evoked. How our lives and minds are constantly changing, contrasting and moving, altered by an indefinite amount of factors is a fact that dumbfounds me. Why are we so easily swayed to feel, think and act certain ways? Why do some issues affect individuals visible ways while other issues affect in unseen ways? Is it all by chance
that each person reacts in the way they do?

Because of these factors, I understand that I constantly change and daily inspire to become more aware of the truth behind reactions, thoughts, and emotions. In the past, that awareness has proven more valuable than I can even fathom. This truth plays into art as I tend towards surprising abstract images that use the elements of art in simplistic ways. As with art, music I enjoy includes unpredictable melodies ranging from high pitches to low, incorporating simple jumps, slides and instrumental/vocal sounds to order to create emotional songs.

My dreams are to continue learning, growing in kindness, humility, self-control, contentment, wisdom, love and joyfulness in serving others.