« Substitute Response 1 | Main | Studio E Visit Writing »

Substitute Response 2

In substitution of the Soap Factory exhibit, I found a piece of art from the Museum of Contemporary Art online. The link is:

The piece I chose is called "Jellyfish Eyes" by Takashi Murakami. It was made in 2002 and is a wallpaper exhibit taking up an entire wall in the museum. The piece is basically a pink background with little bubble-eyes that I guess are Jellyfish Eyes. Apparently it is a reflection of the impact of works by Andy Warhol. In all honesty, I truly believe this piece was done simply because it looks cool. It is definitely interesting to look at, but I just don't have the slightest clue how there could be a deeper meaning behind it. I mean, something must have inspired Takashi to do this, but it is way beyond me. The only thing I can come up with is something to do with being watched because the wallpaper is simply thousands of little eyes...some of them opened and some closed. It is really cool to look at, but I think if it were wallpaper in my room, I would get quite a headache.