Thoughts on Diane Willow's Presentation

I thought her many pieces were interesting, especially because they all seem to place an atmosphere of calmness and tranquility to the observer or interacter. The SEAt and the giant cylinder formation where people could go and sit in the structures were especially interesting because they not only are enjoyable but also help to relieve ones stress. I think sitting on a rocking chair and hearing the ocean would be a great way to take your mind off of stressing events and could help students get away from studying for a bit or just get the chance to relax and enjoy the sea closer to home. The giant cylindrical structure which a student can enter and sit on the rocks would also be a great place to meditate, relax, or study in a calm and quiet spot. The area seems to make it possible to block out all surrounding noises and distractions and allows a person to focus upon their own thoughts or studies. I think that by adding lights to the inside of the structure along the walls and under the rocks could make the atmosphere seem like and underwater cave or some other calming environment.