« Michelle | Main | Ian »

Grandpa

The following is an appeal letter written by my grandfather to his insurance company after he was rushed to the hospital, nearly bleeding to death.

On the 4th of July, I went to the Emergency Room at St. Peters Hospital by ambulance after we called 911. I was so weak, I couldn't walk. Someone in ER called Dr. O--. He was on vacation. Covering for him was urologist Dr. R--. He arrived at the ER and started to work to stop the blood. He spent several hours with an attendant. They stopped the bleeding. They took my pressure and ordered me into the hospital from the ER. My hemo at that time was 4.2. They ordered two units of blood. Then two more units of blood. By Tuesday morning I had received 4 units of blood, by Tuesday I would have been gone.

My PCP [primary care physician] wanted me to go to his office on Tuesday. My wife called his office on Sunday, July 3. He told my wife his office was closed until Tuesday and he would see me on Tuesday.

While at the hospital, they called in an infectious disease control doctor, the endocrinologist, Dr. G--. He also ordered more blood to bring my hemo to at least 9. He prescribed medicine I was to get. I didn't ask who was a provider. I accepted what they sent me. When I was discharged several days later, Dr. G-- wanted to check me out. While I was in his office, I was informed that he was not a provider for my insurance. The team of doctors that was put together all worked hard to save my life.

I have called for a provider directory. To date, no directory. A big secret on the part of my health insurance provider.

My PCP, Dr. M-- visit was July 4th. Before that, I called a medicine marketing representative. He recommended Dr. Q--. I called his office and was told the next available appointment would be in the middle of September, but she told me to get a PCP before that in case I have a problem where I might need one.

I know you rejected Dr. G--'s bill because of no referral. How was I to get one? If you don't pay him, I will make arrangements to pay him. He was in the hospital every day to make sure I was doing all right. Also, Dr. R-- was there every day. I am alive today because of these two doctors.

God bless them both.

My grandfather's claim was approved by his insurance company on November 3, 2005.

Great write-up, Iˇ¦m normal visitor of oneˇ¦s website, maintain up the nice operate, and It is going to be a regular visitor for a lengthy time.

Hi check out this site for the lowest cost of medications and you don't even need a prescription http://healingherbservices.com

Hello, I enjoy reading through your post. I wanted to write a little comment to support you.

I had been encouraged this website through my personal uncle. I’m no longer constructive whether this placed is published by method of them since who else understand this kind of distinctive with regards to our problems. You are amazing! Cheers!

Re-membering/Dis-membering: Grandpa

This is very interesting, You are a very skilled blogger.

I've joined your feed and look forward to seeking more of your magnificent post.
Also, I have shared your site in my social networks!

Hello, There's no doubt that your website may bbe having browser compatibility problems.
Whenever I look at your website in Safari,
it looks fine however, iif opening in I.E., it's got somje overlapping
issues. I just wanted to pdovide you with a quick heads up!
Aside frolm that, wonderful website!

Hello! This post could nott bbe written any better!
Rezding this post reminds me of my old room mate! He always kept talking
about this. I will forwward this article to him. Pretty sure hee will have a good read.
Thanks for sharing!

Hi there! I'm at work browsing your blog from my new iphone!
Just wanted too say I love readig your blog and look fkrward
tto all your posts! Keep up the excellent work!

Re-membering/Dis-membering: Grandpa
afigmqzcwo
[url=http://www.gcw4i96fqi97vu14iv9cf8905mw635l4s.org/]ufigmqzcwo[/url]
figmqzcwo http://www.gcw4i96fqi97vu14iv9cf8905mw635l4s.org/

Is that true? Ill spread this information. Anyway, good posting.
康軒

翰林國小

hi
it's good posting.
迪士尼美語

Is that true? Ill spread this information. Anyway, nice posting.
康軒

公民科

化學科

hello
that's nice posting.
國小門市卷

hi
that's good posting.
口袋書

高登

地理

國小

hi
that's good posting.
趙明

hello
it's nice posting.
填色本

hi
it's nice posting.
題庫光碟

hi
that's good posting.
林清華

103學年度

迪士尼美語

hello
it's good posting.
國中

劉清田