« Ryan | Main | Grandpa »

Michelle

Finding out your child is born with a birth defect is one of the hardest things anyone can imagine going through .

When I got pregnant with my third child, I was happy. Everything was going great for myself and my unborn baby. Until the day I found out he was going to be born with a birth defect. I was about five months pregnant and had a normal ultrasound done when my doctor said she wanted to send me for a stage 2 ultrasound. She thought she saw something on my baby and wanted a better look. At first I thought there couldn't possibly be something wrong with him because I had two children prior that were fine. So as always, I went on with my normal activities until the day I had my stage 2 ultrasounds done.

The doctor began to check the baby. And told me the baby was doing great and developing well. He told me the heart was fine and he was a good size. I was so happy with the good news and was thinking to myself, "I knew nothing was wrong with my baby!" Then the doctor said to me, "your baby is doing fine and is growing at a normal rate but we found a problem." I looked at the doctor and asked him what it was and if my baby would be ok? The doctor showed me the baby on the screen and said he would be born with a birth defect called the cleft. He began to tell me that he will have the complete bi-lateral cleft lip and cleft palate on the left side of his face. I had no idea what he was saying. I began asking the questions that any parent would ask. "what is that?" and "is he going to be ok?" The doctor insured me that everything was going to be fine. He would need surgery to correct the problem when he gets older. At that point I was crying and wondering how this could have happened to my baby. The doctor told me that everything would be fine and that my child would be like any other child. He could do what anyone else could do.

When I was done I went to the car where my mom had been waiting for me with my other two children. She asked me what was wrong because I was still crying. I told her that the baby was going to be born with the cleft. She asked me what that was and I explained to her what the doctor had told me.

Time went by and on Thanksgiving Day, November 26,1998 just as we were about to sit and eat dinner with the family, my water broke. We rushed to the hospital. About 5 ½ hours later I had my son. The doctor got him all cleaned and prepped for me to see him. I looked at him in shock because I had never seen anything like that before and didn't know what to do. (as if I was afraid of him or something.) the doctor wanted to see if he was able to eat because some babies born with the cleft cant suck on the bottle. The nurse showed me how to feed him and he was drinking as if he never has anything wrong with him. So they allowed him to go home in three days. That was the start of a long rough road ahead.

We named him Thomas because he was born on Thanksgiving, he got the nickname "Tom Turkey." Everyone was so happy to see him when he got home. I was afraid they wanted to see what he was born with, so I got upset. I realized they were there to see him and not his cleft. They were looking past the hole in his face and looking at him as if he was perfect like any other baby. I realized it was just me.

Tommy was home and doing well when all of a sudden he was drinking water and stopped breathing. I yelled to my mom, who was in the other room, that he was turning blue. She came running in the room and took him out of my arms and told me to call 911. By the time I got off the phone with them, the emergency team was at my door and he was breathing again. they took him to the ambulance and went to the hospital. When I got there they did all these tests on him and said he had a mucus plug. When I was feeding water, it loosened up and got lodged causing him to stop breathing. They told me thatif it wasn't for my mom doing what she did, he wouldn't be here today. We went home that same day and Tommy was doing well.

Then the horror started again! Tommy was now 2 months old and went back to the hospital in the NICU for failure to thrive. This meant he was unable to eat. He had forgotten how to suck on his bottle which caused him to lose to much weight. He was there for one week and we had to learn how to feed him all over again. he gained weight and was sent home again. we went to the doctor for a follow-up and they told me he was at the right size and weight to get his lip repaired.

Four days later we were back at the hospital getting surgery to repair his lip. When it was done they came to get me out of the waiting room to see him. He didn't look like the same baby I had brought there. His face was swollen, and he had wires on him. I was scared for him. I didn't know what to do because all he would so was cry because he was in so much pain. He stayed in the recovery room overnight and came home the next day. it was hard to take care of him when he came home because there was a lot that had to be done. I also had two small children to take car of too. Tommy was doing well so the doctor told me he could get his palate repaired soon.

At 9 months old he went in to have that done. By now I had become a pro at taking care of all this. He has been going to the doctor once a year so they can look at his progress. He has to see about five different doctors when he goes there. He has to take speech therapy. Children with the cleft usually have hypernasal so they talk through their nose instead of their mouth. Therapy improves his speech and teaches him how to talk through his mouth.

Tommy is now 6 ½ years old and has come a long way with his surgeries and therapy.He will be getting bone grafts to repair the bone that is missing in him mouth so his teeth will grow in better. Then he will need braces. His lip looks good but he has some scare tissue that the doctor wants to do touch up work to make him look better. He knows what he had when he was born because we have a picture of him. He used to ask questions about it. When someone asks him what he was born with, he tells then and seems happy about it. The only downfall is he doesn't like to go to the doctor all the time because he doesn't like them touching his lip. I tell him he has to go until he's 18 because he's living with me and I wont let him miss an appointment.

Tommy loves to do all kind of things. He wants to play football but I'm afraid that if he does and gets hit in the face, it will do damage to him, he doesn't understand that yet. He loves to work on cars with his dad and says he's going to drive a race car when he gets older. He enjoys watching races on TV and wants to be like Dale Earnhardt. Hopefully his dream will come true.

sad story :(

Hallo, ist es möglich, dass Sie gewähren mir die Erlaubnis, einige Auszüge aus diesem Artikel in meinem bachlor Dissertation zu reproduzieren?

Ik wil het beeld dat je hebt geüpload van uw hond

LOL! E 'stato davvero divertente!

Ich spiele auch Gitarre und Bass, so im Computer schauen, um über Musik in 2 Manieren, Aufnahme und ähnliche Dinge zu lernen, und elektronische Musik zu machen, wie ich wirklich graben Trance oder Goa-Psy Trance, wenn sie nicht im, Headbangen bis zu einem gewissen Metall von verschiedenen Arten \ m /

Je weet dat er zoveel mensen zijn die gewoon hun kennis voor zichzelf houden. Ik ben blij dat je hebt besloten om de jouwe te delen. Er zullen amny reageerders die gewoon bekritiseren, maar je niet hoeft te maken abt hen. Gewoon blijven delen.

Troppi errori in questo bordo forum. Non sono in grado di inviare più di una riga alla volta

Ik ken een vriend die was zeer geïnteresseerd in deze kwestie. Kunt u me laten delen dit op mijn facebook wall alstublieft?

Cuando veo su feed RSS que arroja un montón de basura, es el mal funcionamiento de mi parte?

Me encantó la forma en que usted describió sus experiencias en el segundo párrafo

When your workout mostly concentrates of muscle expansion, then this information has details that will be of usage to you personally.
You will need to modify your diet along with working out to obtain the results you would like.
So check into areas and concentrate on aspects
of your entire exercise routine practice that you just really feel you could use help with.

Aim for a higher variety of representatives with medium sized-strength body weight whenever you coach.
For each specific workout you do, try and do a pair of ten to fifteen repetitions, relaxing less
than one minute somewhere between each and every set up.
This will cause lactic acid solution to produce within your muscle tissue, helping to make
you "notice the burn up" although exciting progress.

In case you are trying to develop muscle mass, it is essential to take in calorie-thick
meals on the right time. A good time to eat your largest dish during the day is once you have finished your
muscle-building exercise routine session. It is currently the
vitality requirements of the body have reached top levels
because your system needs the nutrition to correct and make
muscle tissues. In the event you still take in some more calorie-heavy food items every couple
of hrs, you are going to give a chance for your whole body to incorporate even more muscular mass.

Crank up some audio. Studies have revealed that paying attention to music you
like while you are weightlifting can help you do more repetitions than not playing any songs whatsoever or not listening to
the tunes which you like. In addition, getting earphones
can help distract from using a conversation with other people which will defer your training session.

It is rather vital that you stand up properly when doing standing up workout routines, such as over head presses and squats.
These workout routines require a form of athletic posture.
In order to achieve this, you should stand up with the toes at in regards to the size of the shoulder area.
Then, a little point your feet outward, bend the knee joints,
and arch your spine. Always make sure that your eyes are searching ahead.

A 60 min workout is the optimum duration for optimum final results.
Over and above 60 minutes, your system commences delivering the
strain hormonal agent, cortisol. Cortisol lessens your testosterone ranges, which just wastes your time and
efforts in the direction of improving your muscular mass.
A fantastic means of guaranteeing you increase your workouts is to maintain exercises at lower than 1 hour very long.

Stay away from looking at yourself to others in the club.

It might be helpful to see other individuals to see their kind, new workout routines, or
new types of products, but primary comparing will not be beneficial.
Simply because all of us have an alternative physical stature what meets your needs may not work for other individuals.

Pay attention to the body body fat and measure it consistently.

Try not to be frustrated if you find not substantial weight
reduction when building muscle, as your weight may not transform a lot employing a excess weight and
body building program. Your body fat is actually a much better way of measuring your overall health rather than weight.

Be sure that you are consuming the amount of unhealthy calories that your system
needs. There are many of on the web calculators which you
can use to figure out caloric needs reliant on your objectives.

Use one or two of the calculators then improve
your diet accordingly, like the appropriate levels of carbs, protein and also
other nutritional vitamins to develop the muscles.

Work your own muscles to exhaustion for the greatest is a result of your exercise routines.
Depart nothing in the desk. When completing a set of workout routines,
always keep pressing oneself until you cannot comprehensive yet another force-up
or lift the pub one more time. You can then begin using heavier
weight loads and performing less repetitions to increase muscle tissue dimensions.

Making a smart agenda for your muscles building exercises can keep your muscles expanding
and keep you from injuries. Our recommendation is that beginner muscles builders work out only two
times each week, whilst people that have expertise is capable of doing
so 3 times per week.

When you go through in the previously mentioned post, there are numerous strategies to
increase your muscle tissue. This informative article presented
some terrific ideas for you to comply with. Try out selecting
those that you think will assist you to. Mixture it up and test combinations to find out the direction they
sense.

Merci pour ce joli blog. C'est tres bien.

Groot onderwerp :) Ik geloof dat ik minstens 50% van deze reacties gezien op mijn eigen blog.

Non posso credere che avete messo così bene che anche un principiante come me può capire. molte grazie

Gracias por mensaje informativo. Me complace que este post me ha ayudado a salvar muchas horas de navegación por otros puestos similares acaba de encontrar lo que estaba buscando. Sólo quiero decir: ¡Gracias!

I think this is one of the most vital information for me.
And i'm glad reading your article. But should remark on few general things,
The site style is ideal, the articles is really great : D.
Good job, cheers

What's up, I wish for to subscribe for this blog to
take hottest updates, thus where can i do it please help
out.

Je ne suis pas la personne la plus intelligente superbe là-bas mais j'ai vu beaucoup de choses et peut habituellement trouver une réponse thHi, je cherchais un endroit pour discuter de l'informatique, de l'électronique et de la technologie en général. On dirait que j'ai trouvé le bon endroit!

I dont know why i am unable to access this forum on my mobile. I had to use my pc.

Ik ben het eens met uw openingszin, maar ik ben het niet eens met alles. We zijn allemaal verschillend en hebben verschillende standpunten over deze kwestie en ik denk dat iedereen het recht heeft om zijn of haar mening te uiten

I every time used to study article in news papers but now as I am a user of web therefore
from now I am using net for content, thanks to web.

What's up, after reading this awesome piece
of writing i am as well cheerful to share my experience
here with friends.

Greetings! I've been following your site for a while now and
finally got the bravery to go ahead and give you a shout out from Atascocita
Texas! Just wanted to tell you keep up the good job!

Excellent web site you've got here.. It's hard to find excellent writing
like yours these days. I seriously appreciate people like
you! Take care!!

Excellent goods from you, man. I have be mindful your stuff prior to and you
are just extremely excellent. I really like what you've got right here, certainly like what
you are stating and the way through which you assert it.
You are making it enjoyable and you still take care of to stay it smart.

I cant wait to learn much more from you. That is actually a great web site.

It is truly a great and useful piece of information. I'm glad that you just shared this useful information with us.
Please keep us up to date like this. Thanks for sharing.

I enjoy what you guys are up too. This type of clever work and reporting!

Keep up the awesome works guys I've incorporated you guys to blogroll.

ロレックス デイトナ偽物時計:http://www.canot-kayak.qc.ca/rolexwatch.html
フランクミュラー偽物時計:http://www.iconsinmed.org/cir/franckmullerwatch.html
オメガコピー時計:http://oiltechinvest.com/omegawatch.html

Somebody necessarily assist to make severely posts I would state.

That is the first time I frequented your web page and up to now?
I amazed with the analysis you made to create this particular
submit extraordinary. Great job!

Bonjour, Je voudrai apporter ma ce sujet à Beitrag si vous me Permettez. Merci.

Everyone loves it whenever people come together and share views.

Great website, keep it up!

Incredible points. Outstanding arguments. Keep up the amazing effort.

china generally has one of the most pleasant and comfy china

i love this website. viel gelernt von ihm. thnx

Everrything iss veery open with a very clear explanation of the challenges.
It was definitely informative. Your site is very useful.
Thanks for sharing!

Creo que es un punto interesante, me hizo pensar un poco. Gracias por chispas mi gorra para pensar. A veces me da tanto en una rutina que me siento como un disco.

I just couldn't depart your website prior to suggesting that I actually enjoyed the standard
information an individual supply to your guests? Is gonna bee again ceaselessly in order to inspect new posts

I like it when folks come together and share opinions. Great site, keep it up!

very nice post, i definitely enjoy this internet site, keep on it
Woolrich outlet http://pollsgrid.com/woolrich_outlet_bologna_658662

I just added this website to my google reader, great stuff. Can't get enough!