« Thought process #1 | Main | Reframings Reflection »

Weak Monster

Something incredibly terrible happened to someone close to me over the weekend. Someone took one look at my beautiful friend and decided that they had to have her. No matter what. One drink and one rufi later, my friend woke up in hell on the cold floor of a strange bathroom. naked. afraid. alone. with no memory of how she got to where she was.

she was moved from the floor to HCMC.

from HCMC to her mother's arms.

she's still breathing. her heart beats on. she is able to speak. able to still smile. but my fear is that the confusion, the terror and the pain will break from the dam that she has created within her mind.

and i've never been so fucking pissed off in my entire life.

She looked at me this morning asking if this happened to her because she was a girl. Because she had boobs. Because she was female.
I didn't know how to answer at first.
I still don't.
"weak monster"
That's all I can think of.
Later, I brought her to a public area where an asshole of a cop could question her to begin the investigation. He walked his cocky self in a stood at the table that we were sitting at. Shaking, my friend spoke,
"Could you sit down please? You're making me nervous by standing there"
"Well I want to know what I'm here for first" he replied in a stern you're-wasting-my-time voice
It wasn't until she described what happened until he finally sat down.
And it wasn't until she started shaking AND sobbing that he believed her.

"Next time," she said, "I'm requesting a female cop."

My mind is perhaps to clouded with emotions to express myself at the moment. Maybe I'll add more later. As for right now, I'm taking a walk.