« comparison essay brainstorm | Main | week 7 »

week 6

I am in the midst of beginning my process of working for the PEACE foundation, specifically Project Takeback. Meg and I are planning on attending on the training and orientation tonight at 1119 W. Broadway. We will be taking the bus there right after dinner. The plan is to start the project on March 1st, and so after that I should be busy with the games on Wednesday nights. I am still very excited to be a part of this project/experiment. I am hoping that they get a good response from youth in that area that want to participate and have a good time with us. My initial apprehensiveness about the organization and area has pretty much subsided, and I am now just curious to see what the whole thing is going to be about. I will keep the blog posted on how it goes there. I think the course is going very well too.

I think that the bus ride is going to be an experience in itself...i hope we meet some cool people!!

West Broadway!!!!!!!!!Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!You know a man was just shot in the head on that street, right? Not trying to scare ya, just make you a little nervous! Hey at least you got Meg with you.

I hope the bus will be enjoyable. Stay away from the guys offering you candy. Remember I keep your ticket you can transfer for two hours!

This is getting a bit more subjective, but I much prefer the Zune Marketplace. The interface is colorful, has more flair, and some cool features like 'Mixview' that let you quickly see related albums, songs, or other users related to what you're listening to. Clicking on one of those will center on that item, and another set of "neighbors" will come into view, allowing you to navigate around exploring by similar artists, songs, or users. Speaking of users, the Zune "Social" is also great fun, letting you find others with shared tastes and becoming friends with them. You then can listen to a playlist created based on an amalgamation of what all your friends are listening to, which is also enjoyable. Those concerned with privacy will be relieved to know you can prevent the public from seeing your personal listening habits if you so choose.