Final Blog #5

Looking back at the semester and all the readings and issues we have covered, I can honestly say that there were many readings that spoke to me on levels I did not anticipate them to. Some struck me as controversial, others as romantic, there were even a few that I believe will stay with me forever. My all time favorite piece we read this semester was "The Poetics of Sex" by Jeanette Winterson. Her language made me feel so romanticized and almost as if I were in a dream-like state reading it. I absolutely love the way she paints her words on the pages for her readers to interpret and dive into. This piece also really magnetized me because I am a sucker for just about anything that has to do with love and the hardships that come along with it. She was not afraid to discuss the good and bad aspects about her lover and their relationship, and she made it a point to mention that she did not care what anybody else thought about it. I have become a huge Winterson fan now thanks to this course. I cannot wait to read "The Passion," "Oranges Are Not the Only Fruit," as well as "Sexing the Cherry."

It is still hard for me to believe this semester has already come to an end. This course has been a pleasure and I am very happy I have taken it!:)

This page contains a single entry by jone2126 published on December 14, 2010 9:54 AM.

Final Blog Entry #5 was the previous entry in this blog.

Blog #5 is the next entry in this blog.