University of Minnesota
Construction Updates
http://blog.lib.umn.edu/construction-updates

Twin Cities Campus Construction Updates

April 15, 2012 - April 21, 2012 Archives

Two road closures will significantly impact the University of Minnesota campus over the next two weeks. Drivers should be aware of the closures and detours, and allow for extra travel time.

Huron Boulevard Ramp from westbound I-94

The Minnesota Department of Transportation announced this week that the ramp from westbound I-94 to Huron Boulevard will close from Sunday, April 22 until Wednesday, May 2. Motorists who travel westbound on Interstate 94 from St. Paul and access the University of Minnesota via Huron Boulevard should expect significant delays.

Signs will be posted indicating the official project detour. People familiar with the area should explore alternate routes if possible. The official detour will direct motorists to do the following:

1. Continue westbound on I-94 past the Huron Boulevard exit
  2. Exit at Riverside Avenue
  3. Go south on Riverside
  4. Go east I-94 east
  5. Exit at Huron Boulevard

The work is part of the Minnesota Department of Transportation's on-going freeway improvement project between downtowns Minneapolis and St. Paul. For more project information, visit the Minnesota Department of Transportation website.

17th Avenue between University Avenue and 4th Street

17th Avenue between University Avenue and 4th Street will close from Monday, April 23 until Thursday, April 26. The closure is necessary as crews install a tower crane for the construction of the Fourth Street Housing and Dining Facility. Oak Street is the official detour during the closure of 17th Avenue.

Thank you for your continued patience and for driving safely in all construction areas.

« December 4, 2011 - December 10, 2011 | Main Index | Archives | May 6, 2012 - May 12, 2012 »